Friday, January 7, 2011

Shop & Tell: Urban Cheesecraft

Amanda Aileen, Verabelle

My crafty day job: redesigning vintage clothing. My crafty obsession: handmade food. That's why this DIY Cheese Kit from Urban Cheesecraft just may be my favorite thing I've ever purchased from Etsy. There is something so satisfying about not just cooking, but crafting a foodstuff by hand and then having the pleasure of savoring every bite of it.


 I've been adding homemade mozzarella and ricotta (This kit makes both!) to many of my favorite recipes. From eggplant parmesan, to lasagna, to homemade pizza, homemade cheese makes everything better. One kit from Urban Cheesecraft will give you 10 batches, which considering how much cheese like this costs at the market, is a deal for $22. Each batch makes quite a bit too, and only requires that you purchase a gallon of milk as the only other ingredient needed.



Now I'm going to take my glass of wine and sit down to a dinner of an "inside-out" eggplant parmesan stack layered with homemade mozzarella, homemade tomato sauce, and spinach sauteed with garlic and red pepper flakes. Here's to homemade cheese in under an hour - cheers!


LINK: http://www.etsy.com/shop/UrbanCheesecraft
PHOTO OF KIT: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/39433934 (from Etsy)

No comments:

Post a Comment