Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Edible Art

 I have been yearning to make pies lately. Maybe it is the hint of fall in the air....er, no. The wholesome feeling of baking for my husband....er, not that, either. The addiction I have a a flaky, crispy yet buttery, pie crust? Yes, that completely.  I LURVE pie crust. with filling, without filling, just a big fat yes. At an awesome Fall County Fair themed party this weekend, one of our members made a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, with an orange pie crust. ORANGE. PIE. CRUST. Oh my. Here is a link to her blog post on Farthing Collective talking about it, the love for scratch, handmade cooking, and the recipe for the pie.


This past weekend, I also stumbled upon this post for Mini Pies in a Jar.  You can bet your patootie that as soon as I find those jars, my freezer will be stocked!

How about you? Do the CrownTowm readers have any favorite pie recipes, or that perfect, knock their socks off crust recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment