Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wishlist Wednesday - Etsy's Edibles

by Amanda Aileen, Verabelle
www.verabelle.etsy.com

I usually think of Etsy as the source for cool t-shirts, one-of-a-kind accessories, and awesome artwork, but this online marketplace is the place for ALL things handmade. Even food. For someone who is obsessed with anything that comes out of the kitchen, this has been an exciting discovery.

I've now purchased a few edibles from Etsy (cake-flavored lollipops for a friend and a DIY cheese kit that you'll be hearing more about very soon), but here are the top five on my current wish list.

Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows
by Have It Sweet Confections
I am imaging homemade hot white chocolate (Just melt white chocolate with some milk, instead of using the regular milk or dark) and topped with these marshmallows. I can think of nothing better for a chilly fall night!


Grapefruit with Jalapeno & Candied Ginger
The description says this combination of candied grapefruit peel, jalapeno, and candied ginger would taste great atop goat cheese. I believe it.



Candied Chipotle Bacon
by Hash Delectable Edible
Because it's something I just have to try! Like they say, everything is better with bacon. I don't know about everything, but the combination of a sweet and spicy chipotle glaze paired against pork sounds pretty darn good to me.  


Lavender Fleur d' Sel Caramel
by Calabasas Candy Co.
These confectioners took their handmade lavender infused caramel and topped it with a sprinkling of lavender fleur d' sel. Sounds amazing! I've always been intrigued by floral-flavored foods.


Vanilla Rose Cacao
by Flying Bird Botanicals
It's no surprise that I'd want to try this Peruvian sipping chocolate that's been infused with rose petals and vanilla beans. So decadent! Not to mention this product is organic and fair trade and comes in beautiful packaging. I hope it tastes as good as it sounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment